Thursday, August 28, 2014

Windows Maintenance & Other News

I will probably forget about these two articles but am thinking if I put them here, as a blog post, I may stumble upon them in the future.

The role of System Administrator has become mine at home. When the Toshiba laptop doesn't function as expected, I try to figure it out. Often, I am merely guessing or making slightly educated guesses, based upon whatever website Google takes me to as I research the issue. From an email newsletter I subscribe to about Microsoft Windows, I skimmed the following two articles about Windows maintenance.

There's also news about the Los Angeles school district and my employer: http://www.latimes.com/local/education/la-me-lausd-ipads-20140822-story.html

Another thing that has bugging me lately is what Windows Media Player does. When I rip a CD, as part of the CD to MP3 conversion, I am often already listening to a MP3. What WMP does is automatically stop playback of the music and takes its focus to ripping the CD. This article -
http://superuser.com/questions/53703/how-do-i-stop-windows-media-player-12-auto-playing-cds - provides an easy solution of adding a registry key. Don't muck with the registry if you're uncomfortable doing so.

And speaking of the CD to MP3 conversion, I am at 



No comments: