Sunday, August 3, 2014

Over

Today is the day that we have been counting down to as we're leaving Elkader at the conclusion of vacation. We're going to Dubuque for the birthday party and then onward to North Liberty to get ready for tomorrow morning which is when we get back into the routine.

I didn't get a chance to work on the laptop yesterday so I hope that I can spend a little time tonight. I think my primary concern is to get the files I don't want to lose off the hard drive and onto my external hard drive. I think the primary file that I need is an Excel spreadsheet with the logon / password credentials for the different environments I use at work. I hope I can get into the C drive by using Hiren's utilities. Unfortunately, I think it's going to be 8 tonight before I can sit down in the den and try.

I think it's going to be a hectic week. There's something planned each day outside of work as the summer schedule turns into the kids' school schedule. Alex and Megan both have a week to cram in as much summer as they can. Alex has a week to prepare for golf tryout on Monday, August 11th. Megan has trips to Adventureland on Tuesday and to Lost Island on Thursday and works the other days in the week.

I think work will be busy for me. I also need to get the Yamaha electronic drums ready for the gig. I think I need to practice each day to be ready for rehearsal on August 11th. I want to get myself into gig shape in addition to figuring out how to program the sets so I can have a stick click on some songs and tambourine on others.

And if all of the things above were not enough, I need to get back to the conversion project and resume ripping CDs. I think I have under 2000 to go, but that may be overestimated. I simply cannot afford to not work on the project if I am going to meet my goal of being done by December 1, 2014.

The next project that I will start working on is not going to be the 1000 cassette tapes. I have to get started on scanning the volumes of photos. I can't remember how many albums we have in the basement, but I will ballpark the number at, oh, 5000 pictures. I have not counted. The cool thing is that I got a scanner from the Elkader library for free. I am anxious to get it down in the den and try it out. I bought a $36 cord at Radio Shack in LaCrosse, WI, but with the laptop issues, I couldn't even find out if it works. It's a leap of faith that it will work!

It's 8:33 so I ought to move along.

No comments: