Friday, September 23, 2016

All Kinds of Good & Evil

  1. I really don't know how anyone can give the new tune by Green Day a 'thumbs down' because I really REALLY love it, after only two complete listens, both this AM, when I got up to go to work:
  2. I am a picky eater & I don't eat the type of foods I should. I drink too much Mountain Dew, I had pepperoni pizza for supper last night and brought the leftovers for lunch today. Veggies and fruits are rarely in my system, though I will eat applesauce & bananas on occasion. Thus, if I were in high school now - it has been 28 years since I graduated! - there is no way any person would be able to as this article suggests "teach students to ‘nudge’ others into healthy eating." It would take a monster truck to nudge me.
  3. Speaking of eating, Metallica’s Lars Ulrich eats 20 pancakes a day
  4. Speaking of movies - yes, no one was but bear with me - I realize that Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens has been out for 280 days (9 months, 5 days) but that does not mean my enthusiasm for it has waned. That's why I found myself sitting on the couch, engrossed in this long (45 minutes!) video about all the references in the movie.
  5. We subscribe to Netflix and October looks to be a busy month with lots of things happening: Netflix.
  6. Love me some Papa Roach today
  7. No, I'm not at the Rock Allegiance 2016 concert but yes, I still need to write my review of Pierce the Veil / Neck Deep / I Prevail for dailyvault.com.

  8. Here's a new tidbit of information about me - I talked to Max Calavera on the phone in 1998 even though I don't remember much about the conversation. I mention it only because I was thinking about their release Roots and how I really enjoy the percussion / drumming by Max's brother on it.
  9. A headline like this

    Ky. family judge: Gay marriage, like 'jumbo shrimp,' illogical

    is the kind of headline that promises "scandal" or "controversy" but it turns out this judge said what he said and no one that was interviewed for the article said they knew of any anti-gay bias. Read it here.
  10. There was a shooting in Tulsa, OK. The officer that shot the man has been charged but apparently there is more to the story, per this article.

No comments: