Friday, September 30, 2016

Your Ideal Band is Out There Somewhere

It turns out I didn't write about getting together with Marc, Seth, and Bob in Seth's basement with my drums. It happened on Monday, August 8, 2016. We played through some tunes and I guess I had thought it went well. I didn't hear anything so, on Monday, 9/26 - 49 days after getting together with them - I started an email thread:

On Monday, September 26, 2016, I wrote:
Did you guys find a drummer?

And the reply back:

After a long time of hearing people we did end up deciding to work with a different drummer. Initially I didn't email the others because I wasn't sure it would work out. It has been a couple weeks now, and it seems to be working fine.

Good luck with your search, I think your ideal band is out there somewhere :)

I like that he referenced "ideal band" because I had sent him a link to those posts on this blog. I will keep looking for that ideal situation.

No comments: