Monday, September 19, 2016

Smart

This is a snippet from an interview with Megadeth's Dave Mustaine who, after 20 years of feuding with Metallica, is keeping his mouth SHUT and not saying words that would likely be taken out of context:

On whether he has heard the new METALLICA song "Hardwired":
Mustaine: "I did."
On his opinion of "Hardwired":
Mustaine: "I'm not gonna say anything."

I think there's a level of maturity to just being silent. Too bad the people that commented on the story can't be silent and, yes, warning, sensitive minds should stop reading because there are "big boy" words below because, you know, that makes a point even stronger! NOT!!

Jo King: Metallica should of ended when Dave kicked those three out back in 83. That is what really happened but Dave was too drunk to remember that he actually did this so Lars and the others took advantage of him claiming Metallica was their band when infact Metallica was formed by Dave Mustaine.

Chris Neighbour · Wiltshire College: I love megadeth but all these "band beers" are bloody pointless and a tad hypocritical from a band who's singer is a self confessed alcoholic.

Matthew Kaprutus · Manager at Scowl Farm Inc.: I think he forgot the fact that he is an addict/alcoholic and did numerous stints in rehab.

Igor Kountsevich · Works at Cygno Solutions: He took the high road and did not call this crap of a 'song' what it is.

Aaron Rever: Gives his opinion and runs his mouth on everything else, yet refuses to give his opinion about Metallica's new song. What a fucking loser.

Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle: It looks like I'm in the minority again, but I like "Hardwired". More importantly, I suppose, is that my kids like it. They're about the age I was in 1986 when I got into Master of Puppets. At least it ain't Justin fuckin' Bieber.

Richard Jarvis · St. Helens High School: "Hardwired" is not worth commenting on. What can he say about it? It does not suck as bad as it could? That would be a fair but brutally honest evaluation.

Read more at here.

As a side note, this is what a friend of mine wrote about "Hardwired" when I questioned why he called it a "crappy new song." His qualifications for the following comments are that he has a Master's degree in Music and played in a short-lived basement band with me back in 2000. He was the first person to suggest I listen to Lamb of God and Gojira. This is what he wrote:

Musically, I'll grant that I think it's a good throwback to their classic rhythms (e.g., their patented reverse-gallop, more thrash-like tempo). But the first time I listened to the song, the guitar solo didn't even register with me...it was unmemorable. Lyrically, I have to ask if he's 14 again? Insipid. The only thing that bothers me about the swearing is how uncreative and immature it sounds, like a pre-teen writing songs with all the words the grown-ups won't let him say because he's so metal / punk / rebellious. And really, Top 40 pop bands like Maroon 5 and Cake are dropping F-bombs all over their Summer hits, and in ways that don't disrupt the flow of the song. Hardly anyone is clutching their pearls these days when they hear an F-bomb in a song. It's ironic that his lyrics on earlier albums are actually more profound and mature than what he's writing in his actual maturity.
So yes, crappy new song. :)

So there you have it.

No comments: