Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Showing Great Restraint

This snare drum was posted on the Oregon > Portland > Musical Instruments for Sale by Owner page. This is the original text of the ad:

Selling a vintage 1970's Ludwig clear Vistalite 6.5X14" snare drum. Has the blue/olive pointy badge. Ten bow tie lugs. Everything is original with this drum. Original muffler, rims, strainer, butt plate. Newer remo clear Ambassador batter head with remo resonate bottom. Excellent snare wires. No scratches on the shell. No pitting on the lugs. Excellent overall chrome.These are hard to find in this condition and how rare it is. Ready to play! $400.00

There were 16 pictures of this beautiful musical instrument, but I only am posting 5, showing great restraint in not spending a lot of time downloading pictures for a snare drum I know I will not ever see in person. That said, this would be the perfect snare drum to replace my existing 6.5 x 14" snare drum I have used since 1984, which is when my parents purchased my Ludwig Vistalites.






No comments: