Thursday, August 31, 2017

Anxious for the next 5K

It was 3453 days ago (or 9 years, 5 months, 1 week, 6 days) when I wrote the following:

I was up until ~midnight and fell asleep almost immediately. What would I be doing up so late? I watched WWE - had to see how "Randy Orton & John Cena v. the 'entire Raw roster' would fail me. It did. It wasn't the entire Raw roster - it was hand-picked weaklings. Ric Flair, Kane, Shawn Michaels, even the Big Show - not involved. That's irritating. Instead of any of those four, you get <ahem> Hacksaw Jim Duggan. At least Umaga got a double clothesline in that dropped my jaw.

After Raw, hopped on the PC. Lots of Hotmail emails, including a reminder to write reviews from myself. Yeah. Uh-huh.

I also started going through a stack of poems/songs I whittled down from a lot larger stack and organized them into stacks. 100. Going to integrate them into my daily journal. Most are from ~1992 and the heyday of my song / poetry writing. Some are impressive (to me) - others suck.

Came in to work @ 5:30 and have been cleaning up projects that are on the next update.

Also, I meet with the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow AM @ 8:15. Have to reschedule my dentist appointment @ 8.

It's fitting that I wrote about professional wrestling, my journal, work, and the idea that I need to write music reviews.

A lot has changed and yet, a lot of my life feels the same with one major exception. Back in March 2008, I drank booze on a regular basis. I was 1018 days from deciding to quit drinking. Today, it is 6 years, 8 months without a drop of booze. I am happy (still) about that decision. My sincere hope is that I never lose that ideal in my life. Bring on the next 5K posts - I want to know where I'm going!

No comments: