Friday, January 5, 2018

Passing between the Gaps

Many years ago, I wrote a negative review of a Def Leppard concert. I caught hell from a Def Leppard fan who was outraged by what I wrote.

Many years ago, I wrote a negative review of a local Cedar Rapids band. I caught hell from one of the band members who was outraged by what I wrote. I also told Fear Factory's guitarist, during a phone interview, that I didn't like their first album. He said, "That's okay man, sometimes music doesn't mesh."

And that's the attitude I wish Rob Flynn (Machine Head's main dude) would have had when their latest album got a negative review in Decibel magazine. I learned about this in this article - Machine Head slams Decibel reviewer after negative review of ‘Catharsis’ - which referred to this article - All in Your Head, Or Why Metal Musicians Shouldn’t Overreact to Negative Reviews. Both are worth reading.


No comments: