Thursday, September 27, 2018

I Like BK Even More

At Quintrex, each year, each employee could have a calendar, which I took advantage of so, after working there a number of years, I have a pile of calendars. I don't have an inventory of what years I have or how many, but I know exactly where they are located in the den. I like to look back at them, especially when I would keep very careful documentation about events that I needed to attend as well as other events. In more recent years, I would add references to concerts taking place on specific dates.

Judge Brett Kavanaugh released his calendar from 1982 the other day, which is displayed below. I love it. Absolutely LOVE IT! Why? It reinforces the notion I have to never throw away any of the calendars in the aforementioned pile. Not because I am going to be nominated to be a Justice on the Supreme Court or anything like that but because it documents my life in a way that only words in a journal or pictures in a photo album cannot.

As a side note, I don't want anyone - not family or friends or strangers - to read any of my journals. I think that since I have endured my journalitis in solitude and in private, the audience for my journals is me and NO ONE ELSE!!! In fact, I need to write up a document that says what I want done with my stuff. I think, at my wake & funeral, if you come, you should leave with a spindle of CDs. Given that there are 51 spindles - and close to 400 more CDs to be converted - I hope I have at least 55 people show up to my wake & funeral.

I digress. Here's BK's 1982 calendar, which I learned about on this page: https://www.westernjournal.com/kavanaugh-detailed-calendar-summer


No comments: