Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Understanding and Using Batch Files

I just purchased this book: https://store.tips.net/T002509_Understanding_and_Using_Batch_Files.html
The following is what sold me on the book, which is not available in the link above:



Good morning!
I'd like to share a small story with you that is only partially tongue-in-cheek. Bear with me for a moment, if you don't mind.
I remember when I was young, and we would tiptoe around the house, making sure we didn't disturb my dad as he was working on his computers. (It always seemed we had more computers in the house than people, pets, or anything else our friends had.)
In the evenings we would gather around the family hearth as the wind whistled by the windows. Dad would tell us stories from the early days of computing as firelight flickered on the walls.
He would thrill us with stories of programs acquired and scare us with tales of data lost. We would learn the importance of word processors, the power of programming languages, and the wisdom of backing up your data.
As I sat near my dad's knee, paying rapt attention to his every word, I always wondered how he was able to do such marvelous things with computers that, by today's standards, had less power than my cell phone.
One day, not long ago, I was talking with dad. Though he is older and grayer now (heh!), it still amazes me that he was able to do so much with his systems in the days before Windows. So, I asked him about it. His answer?
Batch files.
Yep, batch files. I'd never heard of them. (Or, if I had, I hadn't paid a whole lot of attention.) So, I asked him to explain how they used to work. He mentioned that batch files were still available in Windows, which surprised me even more.
As he started to show me how to use batch files, I began to suspect that there were are lot of other people in the same boat as me, not having any idea what batch files were or how they could be used on today's Windows systems.
This led me to suggest that, perhaps, dad would want to put together an e-book that would provide the explanations and offer the examples necessary so that you (as well as myself) could learn how to put batch files to work.
Well, dad just got the e-book done. I'm pleased to announce the immediate availability of Understanding and Using Batch Files, a brand-new e-book that answered all my questions (well, all my questions about batch files) and opened up a side of Windows for me that I didn't even know existed.
I invite you to take a look at this awesome e-book, as it can provide a "behind the scenes" peek at how batch files work and provide the knowledge you need to put them to work for you. You can find out more information about Understanding and Using Batch Files at this site:
I've priced this e-book at a very affordable level ($24.99), but I also know it is our company's long-standing tradition to have a special sale whenever an e-book is released. So, for a limited time (through October 3) you can get your own copy for only $17.49. That's 30% off the regular price!
I invite you, again, to consider this great offer. You won't find better information about this powerful Windows feature anywhere, and now you can get it at a great price.
To get the complete details visit this Web page:
Don't delay; this special offer is available only for a couple of weeks; it ends on October 3, 2018.
Thanks for your continued support of WindowsTips!
—Eric


No comments: