Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Busy!

I was at work @ 7:30, worked until 4:30, signed back into the laptop from the den @ 7:00-ish and worked again until 10:30.

Today, I took Karen to work and was at my desk @ 7 AM. I work until 3, which is when I leave to pick up Karen and then we have an appointment with our (new) financial dude. I hope I do not need to work super late tonight as well, but we are in what can only be described as "fun" and "challenging" season. Our target date is February 11 and there is a lot going on. Multiple clients need different things and it's "fun" and "challenging" to keep it all organized.

I am hoping that I can continue with the other things going on in life. I am starting a project on Saturday, 1/19/2013, that I've done 3 times prior. It is called the 200 Days project.
  • The first time I did it was in 1993 when I used a 200 page spiral notebook to write a page a day as a countdown to our wedding day.
  • I did the project a second time in 1994, which worked out because we moved to our first house during that volume.
  • I did the project a third time in 1995, which worked out because I got my first technical writing job in February of 1995.
  • I believe I started the project a fourth time, but did not complete it. I think I was going to do it all in a Word doc. I may have that somewhere on my 1 TB external hard drive.
I wouldn't say I got burned out on the project, but it just kind of became "too much" with the other journal writing I wanted to do.

The reason for the renewed interest is that on August 7, 2013, Karen and I will cross the 20 year threshold of marriage. It seems like a good idea to catch up. A lot has changed in my life since 1993 - how I act, how I think, what I do, who my friends are, where I work, etc - and yet, some things have not changed. I want this year's countdown to our wedding anniversary to capture my life in a snapshot so that, maybe, by January 19, 2023, I can compare the era of my life now to my daily life in 2013. Just a thought.

No comments: