Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013

Twenty years ago today, Metallica played at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on their tour that was supporting the "Black" album. I remember this concert because my wife Karen, friends Brian Rock and Serbi, and Brenda Miller went to it. The only thing Karen recalls is that someone was spitting. I also remember we went to the Wig & Pen before the concert. Karen recalls that we went to see Serbi's fiancee (now ex-wife) at the UIHC at some point - she worked as a RN there at the time.

I miss seeing Metallica in Iowa. I've gone to Moline, IL, to see them only once since that 1993. I did not go see them in 2008 and I regret that, now. As of this writing, they are finishing up a 3D movie to be released on August 9, 2013, and then working on a new album to be released in 2014. I really hope they tour the United States in 2014 and that they come to either Carver Hawkeye Arena (doubtful) or the iWireless Center in Moline, IL. I would go see them pretty much anywhere in the Midwest, though, and I hope Megan and Alex will go with me.

That all said, this is the set list, according to this site



This concert is from April 5, 1993.

No comments: