Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Weekend Plans

I cleaned the den. That should not be as big of a deal as I consider it, but it was long overdue. I had assembled a work station setup with two card tables and a TV tray to facilitate the LP to MP3 conversion and, with the deadline-driven LP to MP3 conversion phase complete, it needed to be taken down. I had also not thought out how I was going to manage the "done/not done" separation of the CD to MP3 project so I had CD-R spindles all over. Additionally, there was general clutter on the computer desk that I had been neglecting.

So, last night, I took blue painter's tape and a black magic marker and put tape on each spindle with the words "done" or "not done" from what I could figure out. I also taped together a couple of stacks of CDs that were still in their cases with "done" or "not done" or "double-check" so I hope when I return to the CD to MP3 project in the future, I will know exactly what needs to be done. At some point, I will want to do an audit of all my CDs and make sure that what I think I have on my external hard drive is actually there.

No comments: