Saturday, January 5, 2013

Harlem in Moiline, IL

We're leaving in 2 hours to go see the Harlem Globetrotters at the iWireless Center in Moline, IL. We're going with Karen's entire family, minus her sister and two kids, plus my oldest niece's boyfriend (at least that's what I heard last - could have changed by now). That's a group of 16 of us and it is sure to be a great time.

Karen and I went to see them at the Five Seasons Center in Cedar Rapids several years ago. I can only pinpoint the date to between 1998 and 2012 because I know I saw a co-worker that I didn't know before I started working at the company where I was a technical writer for 12 years. Kind of funny that that is the best I can narrow it down.

The only other relevant thing worth noting is that Iowa City West (ranked #1 in the state) played Dubuque Senior (ranked #2 in the state) at IC West last night. West built up a 16 point lead before Senior came storming back to bring it within 4 points. Then Senior couldn't make their free throws and West ended up winning by 10 points. We watched the game on TV instead of attending.

No comments: