Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year! Bring on 2013!

First of all, 2012 ended with Karen and I renting "Ted" and watching it. I thought it was funny, Karen fell asleep. I took Megan's friend Tyler home after midnight and then got up this AM and picked up Alex from his friend's house around 9. We just finished French Toast with Megan's friend Maggie and are about to go knee deep into the 'putting away Christmas decorations' project. I really have zero motivation to do so, but since we are going to the Harlem Globetrotters this weekend, I know there will be no time to do it. I'd like to start at 11, which is 23 minutes away, and be done by 2. That's an ideal world. I would be ecstatic if we were done by 1, but that will take a lot of dedication by myself and the troops (Karen, Megan, and Alex) to accomplish. So far, motivation to start the project is operating at a deficit.

Speaking of which, the news is out that there was a deal reached. One headline summarizes the deal as such:

Fiscal Cliff Deal: $1 in Spending Cuts for Every $41 in Tax Increases‏

The fallout of all this wheeling and dealing will be shaken down in the next few days as everyone figures out how it impacts them. I'm sure to have a more informed opinion in the future. Stay tuned!
Now, I'll move on to what was originally the first paragraph of this post. I haven't put up a status of the cassette to MP3 or the CD to MP3 conversion projects in a while because I wanted to wait and start 2013 with a fresh update. In my grand scheme of things, I would have hit 50,000 to start 2013, but I haven't been able to devote as much time to these projects, due to the LP to MP3 conversion that I was doing for my father-in-law's Christmas present. I probably have 300 CDs more to go and have many, many, MANY, boxes of cassettes to whittle through. Originally, I was going to have that project done by 2015, with a box being split out across two months. That plan is out the window and I will be lucky to be done by the time Alex gets out of the house in the fall of 2017. Well, maybe by the 2016, I've not really thought about it.



Of course, there is still the VHS to DVD project to work on as well. I will need to purchase a second external HD, perhaps a 3 TB, to store all of those videos.That's so far in the future, I can't begin to even fathom it.

No comments: