Thursday, January 24, 2013

Progressing

The music collection continues to grow, though I haven't made progress on the LP to MP3 project since receiving my new converter in the mail. I'd like to possibly resume that on Saturday, but our plans are kind of up in the air. I'd like to go to the Iowa men's swim meet with Alex on Saturday morning, but I also know Mark and Susie are coming down for an appointment - but we don't know what time yet and Susie didn't text me back. If I do not resume the LP to MP3 conversion, I'll probably get at least a couple of cassettes converted. I'm nearing completion of box number 1 that was supposed to be done in the July / August 2012 time frame. That has, obviously, slipped. I also can do some remaining CDs. I found a Rubbermaid of CDs that are not in the database of albums that I access through Windows Media Player. That means I have to rip the CD to MP3 and manually change the details from "Unknown Album" to the actual name of the album. It's kind of tedious, but these are mainly CDs that are either local artists or underground bands. The other project of using the YouTube to MP3 software continues as well. This is my current count:
I was planning to go to 11 AM Mass on Sunday - the youth group were scheduled to play - and then have band rehearsal after that at Joe's girlfriend's studio. Both of those plans have fallen through. The youth group isn't playing because some kids involved with it are out of town at a vocal contest.

From Judy, the music leader:

We’re going to wait a week to sing at the 11am Mass this month. There’s an out-of-state show choir competition this weekend that will take a bunch of our singers away so hopefully next weekend will work better for us to sing at Mass. Thanks Everyone! See you on Sunday, February 3rd!

As far as the band goes, Brian Guitar is out of town this weekend. Tentatively, the band is planning to get together at the studio.

I need to spend some more time with the drumbeat to Tom Petty's "American Girl." It's turning into Tool's "46 & 2" which was a tough song for me to nail back in 2000.

Finally, in other news, the 200 Days project rolls along. Today is 195 days until our 20th wedding anniversary. That means I have 194 days to figure out what to get Karen. I'll probably need all 194 days!

Editor's Note: There were many ideas for a band name for this band, including "Hairy Eyeball" and "Scary Robots." We eventually settled on Lou's Classic Ride. 

No comments: