Monday, July 22, 2013

Conversion Update

I had grand intentions during my week off from work to make headway on the cassette to MP3 conversion. I brought over 12 hours of cassettes to the camper and thought, "This will be easy - I'll throw in a cassette, leave for 1.5 hours, come back, throw in another cassette."

If only it had worked that way.

I had issues with the converter to the extent that I am just not sure I will ever complete this conversion. It is buggy software, the USB cord seems buggy, if that's possible for hardware to have bugs, and I just didn't get as much done as I'd like.

So, that said, I added 3 MP3s during vacation, which takes my total to 59502.

When we got home last night, I was putting stuff away and happened to notice the boxes of my cassettes. Originally, I had thought I would do a box in two months. By that schedule, I should be in the midst of box 6. I'm barely done with box 1. This is going to go longer than I thought.

I also have about 400 CDs left in the CD to MP3 conversion, though I have not been exactly organized in what is done v. what is not done. Somehow, I need to find the time to do an audit. Like I have tons of free time laying around.

No comments: