Friday, July 26, 2013

Karen is Leaving / Proposal for Setlist on 8/24/13

There's a lot going on in my life.
  • Karen and Alex are leaving today to go to Elkader. I am staying home to take Megan up tomorrow after she gets off work at 1. We are going to Ketelsen's to take back a cup holder for the chair I bought Karen because it didn't fit and getting some other miscellaneous supplies. We will be in Elkader in time for 5:30 Mass with Father Peters and then we are going to Gunder for a Gunderburger. I don't plan to eat anything after noon. I'm not sure what plans are being made for Sunday, but I know on Monday, Louie, Alex, and I are playing golf prior to heading back to home. I took Monday off as vacation. 
  • As a side note, I have my mid-year review with my awesome manager on Tuesday at 9, which is immediately following our morning standup meeting at 8:30 AM. Work is going really well. We have the next version of the software going out on 8/23 (yes, the day before the gig) but the numbers for the release are not stellar. Basically, a lot of coding is behind schedule so it will be very interesting to see how the work that has been promised gets delivered by the promised date.
  • Beyond that, next weekend is the Mount Mercy College Campout in Cresco. The plan is Alex and I will drive up on Friday night in order to go tubing on Saturday. I am looking forward to the weekend. Megan has inventory at Fareway so Karen is bringing her up after noon, when she gets off work. I took next Monday, 8/5, off as vacation.
  • We have rehearsal today from noonish - 2:30-ish. We have to figure out what songs to play for the Saturday, August 24, 2013! I think we will have 8 total rehearsals (~20 hours) between now and the gig.  
  • I sat at the Yamaha set last night for about 1 hour and, basically, I can never *EVER* go for nearly two weeks without playing drums again. I had not played since the gig 2 weeks ago and my shoulders, arms, and hands protested from the moment I tried to nail "Lonely Boy." After a couple of songs, it felt better, but today, prior to rehearsal, I'm doing some Ibuprofen for sure!

No comments: