Friday, July 12, 2013

Newsted

When Jason Newsted left Metallica, it must have been a big deal to him. Mathematically, I remember figuring out that he was only given songwriting credit for 6% of the total songs he played bass on. I think since starting his own band, Newsted, the media / websites that talk to him all want to know about Metallica, like they are trying to fuel a war of words or a resolution to the issues that caused Newsted to leave. To his credit, I like the answers he gives in this article, but I also think it is so unreasonable for the media / websites to keep drudging up Metallica instead of talking about Newsted, the band. Maybe, someday, that will die down, but a lot of the same media / website articles I read mention that Dave Mustaine was fired from Metallica. When do people get to be free of the past and truly forge forward into the future?

No comments: