Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Farewell

We are leaving after work to go to Elkader. When we're in Elkader, I don't have Internet access so I'm not going to be online while we are in Elkader. We are going to the fireworks in Balltown on Saturday night and staying at Lou and Jean's so depending upon what time I wake up on Sunday, I may get back online to write something.

This will be our 6th, 7th, & 8th night in the camper this camping season.

One of the really cool things going on in my life is that we have decided upon a band name: Lou's Classic Ride.

There are three things with the name:
  1. Yes, Lou is my father-in-law. He wouldn't like any of the music we play so it's kind of funny.
  2. Lou is the name of Joe's ex-father-in-law and there's a backstory to that.
  3. If you were to add "ise" to "Lou", you would get "Louise" which is the name of my deceased grandma. I know I have written about her in other posts, but she truly supported my drumming when I needed it. I still have (most of) the blue denim drum cases that she sewed. I think it's suitable that she has at least a subtle link to the band.
I also happened to talk to a guy who is looking for a drummer, but I'm not going to pursue it as the commitment level is higher for that project than what I can give. I'm not sad or mad about it - I just realize where I'm at in my life is not compatible with that opportunity.

No comments: