Saturday, July 6, 2013

Let the Festivities Begin!

It is nearly 6 PM and by 9 PM, I fully expect the festivities of fireworks in Balltown to be in full force.

I went to see Man of Steel at the Elkader movie theater by myself last night. It was in 3D and Karen doesn't like 3D movies. I thought it was a very stylish action movie. I thought the action was good and that the way the origin of Superman was told with these specifics:
  • Lois Lane as more of a hero. She goes to a male-dominated arctic base and says, "If we're all done comparing dicks, what about..." (I can't remember the exact quote)
  • General Zod somewhat more of a sympathetic character when he said things like, "Every thing I do is for the benefit of my people" which fights against the way he is going around destroying earth
  • Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner) as much more of a powerful character, especially when Jonathan tells Clark not to save Jonathan while Jonathan is trying to help others during a tornado so Clark watches Jonathan perish in the tornado
  • Perry White and Lois Lane clash, whereas I always saw them as friends
There was also a tanker that exploded with a "LexCorp" symbol on it, which kind of sets up the existence of Lex Luthor.

I liked the movie. I wish there would have been some sort of teaser at the end, especially since the Internet seems to believe that Man of Steel is the first in the series of movies that will set up a Justice League movie.

No comments: