Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Joys of Modern Technology!

I feel empathy for Brian's wife Jane. She posted this on FB today:

It's kind of hard to read so this is what I wrote:

When you say "I have EVERYTHING on there", you may want to look into an external hard drive in the same breath as replacing / repairing your existing laptop. That way, when the next PC fails - and it will fail, as you are going through now - you can make the process easier on yourself.

Get a 4 TB external hard drive for $169 at Wal-Mart and start moving your pics and documents and other stuff you need over to it. You can even install some programs to run from an external drive instead of the default location of your laptop's c:\ drive.

And these huge HDs with huge capacities are dropping in price. Before I noticed the 4 TB last week, I had my eye on a 3 TB at Target for $129. I am going to get a second one for converting VHS / video tapes to DVD.

And don't buy into a "we'll transfer your files for you" type service. You know where I live.

No comments: