Thursday, October 31, 2013

Ah, the Life

For the record, I now have 63870 File(s) 532,513,758,385 bytes for a count in e:\music. Roughly, I have 200 CDs to convert and, after that, I will begin an audit of my collection just to verify that I have all of my collection converted. I would hope that the audit could be completed in a couple of months. The way I hope it would work is that I would insert the CD into the drive and immediately, Windows Media Player would report that the CD has already been "Ripped to Library" because, at least, that's the way it's worked out previously with CDs I didn't realize I had already ripped. Then, the other aspect of all of this, I want to group my CDs by band name. Whether I can accomplish that or not will only be able to be determined as I progress through my collection. I am hoping it will be a painless process.

This weekend is absolutely packed with activity.
  • Friday, I am playing drums at Keith and Julie's wedding.
  • Saturday, Alex and I are first going to the Iowa Hawkeyes football game at Kinnick. After the game, we have tickets to the 7:30 PM show Charlie and the Chocolate Factory play at Iowa City West.
  • Sunday, Megan, Alex, and I are going to 11 AM Mass at STM. After Mass, Megan and I are going to Coe College in Cedar Rapids for a meeting about her trip to Europe with the Iowa Ambassadors of Music in summer 2014.
And then, I return to work.

No comments: