Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Resurrecting the Curse and Fishing for Data

Two quick things from my email inbox this AM that warrant a few words.
  1. Sometimes, I wish it were easier to turn off the internal editor / critical thinker / text analyzer aspect of my self that I have nurtured by working as a technical writer for 20 years. In at least one way, it would make life easier as I wouldn't feel compelled to notice websites and writing that are blatantly wrong. Maybe, and I'm just throwing pasta against the wall to see if it sticks, the recent "Back to the Future" marathon on AMC interrupted the writing of the first sentence to the extent that it felt so perfect to write and so comprehensible to the writer that there would be zero need for an editor.
  2. Look at the bottom of this screen capture. See the hyperlink code that is behind the link? Yeah, that's not Bank of America's URL. Someone sent that email in the hope that I would click the link and submit my personal data. Not going to happen!

No comments: