Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Bowie

I didn't think I was being overly calloused when I didn't really feel sad when I learned of David Bowie's death. I truly was not a fan. Sure I have 4 of his albums in my collection:
  1. The Very Best of 1969 to 1973
  2. Best of Bowie [US/Canada Bonus CD] Disc 1
  3. Best of Bowie [US/Canada Bonus CD] Disc 2
  4. Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars [Bonus Tracks]
but that doesn't mean I like his music.

Editor's Note
After publishing the above, I saw this in my Fox News First Daily Politics daily email:
Saying you liked the music of David Bowie would be like saying you liked Chinese food. There are so many kinds and so many variations within the kinds that there is something for everyone. Glam, rock, Motown-style soul, dancehall, the deep dark depths of Berlin, electronica, pure pop, proto-punk, funk, epic poetry and even the coveted goblin disco king demographic. That means that there is room enough for everyone to have their own favorite song. As music lovers of all kinds mourn Bowie’s passing, his remarkable catalogue is a reminder of perhaps one thing above all others: The real luxury of career success is the chance to take risks. RIP.

That's fair. I would have to state that the song that is linked to an example of "dancehall" would be my favorite Bowie song:



No comments: