Friday, January 29, 2016

I'm Thankful For Every Breath

To recap, I was laid off Tuesday.

It sucks.

I don't like this.

I feel insecure about the future and I wish I knew what it has in store for me.

I know that I have to offer this up to God and that He doesn't give me more than I can bear. Daily Mass is now in my schedule - I went Wednesday, Thursday, and will go today (it's 8:13 AM, Mass is at 9 AM).

With that said, I can safely state that I have a few opportunities in motion. I don't want to jinx myself and write long dissertations on this blog about this opportunity and that opportunity and that third opportunity over there. I'd rather reserve those hopes for essays to be captured within my personal journal.

I did start another spiral notebook on Wednesday to capture the thoughts I have about this journey. Traditionally, I only purchase 200 page, college-ruled, spiral notebooks. The one I purchased at Wal-Mart is a 150 page, college-ruled, spiral notebook. I am writing each day what occurs to me, starting a new page each day regardless of whether I filled the previous page. I am doing that because I had a lyric in my head. It's from a band called P.O.D. and the song is "Alive."



Editor's Note: Before being laid off, an email with the subject "Performance Review" was received. Like Sheldon's hatred for Will Wheaton, hatred for PRs has been verbalized!

No comments: