Sunday, January 17, 2016

Time Warp

One of my earliest memories of seeing Dave Weckl play drums is when he played with Chick Corea and John Pattitucci at The Maintenance Shop in Ames, IA. I wasn't actually at this concert, but I remember salivating when I saw it on PBS. I was a senior in high school (1988) and using electronic drums in a single set with acoustic drums was just beginning to gain popularity. I also remember how I loved seeing the use of a floor tom to the left of the hi-hat. On youtube, there are two parts of this concert posted. I hope the third part gets posted someday. FOUND the rest of the drum solo song! Here!

I do know I have this concert on a VHS tape which could be converted to digital and uploaded. This is my favorite part of the two videos below.


But for the moment, here are parts 1 and 2.





No comments: