Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Consistently Wishing For the Same Unicorn

I don't believe in unicorns, but I somehow still believe that the a$$holes that write viruses and malware and other sh1t that takes over a PC should turn away from greed and being not nice and, instead, use their (obvious) talent for good, to improve the planet I share with them. That's the least they could do. I get it - making $ is nice and all, but my goodness, if my 78 year-old mother-in-law got the virus explained in the article below and she was told that she had to pay $ in order to see pictures that Alex and I assembled and backed up and created a backup CD for her, she'd probably want to pay it. She has no clue what a "bitcoin" is - I barely know - so there'd be chaos.

Read about it here: http://features.en.softonic.com/the-first-ransomware-of-the-year-reaches-a-new-level-of-threat

No comments: