Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Regarding That

Not that long ago, I posted about the pending layoffs at my employer - Not Entertaining News - and so, with that as background, I am saddened to say that I was laid off today. This AM, when I came in to work, I had a 10 AM meeting request with my manager. Turns out so did two of my co-workers. We were led to HR and did what had to be done. Thus, I am at home, in the den, at 2:29 PM when I normally am not home from a day at work until around 4 PM.

I admit it's a bit surreal. I went through something similar in my career and I was confident I would not have to go through it again - ever - in my career. Kevin, whom I've known for 17 years, has been through several layoffs in his career and yet - here's where I make lemonade from lemons - he has always found a way to bounce back.

I know I will bounce back too.

No comments: