Thursday, May 26, 2016

Conspire to Do What

From this article

At this point, pretty much everyone, including Hillary Clinton’s political allies, knows that her use of a private server was a major problem and that everything she has said about it to this point is a lie. Welcome to the Vast right wing conspiracy, everyone.

Also, there's Elizabeth Warren doing HRC's dirty work, but there's a problem.

The real problem is that Warren’s general critique applies just as much to Hillary Clinton as it does to Donald Trump.

This argument is described here.

On a related tangent, the rack in Megan's closet had come out of the wall a couple of weeks ago and, with all we had going on, it took until May 21st for it to be addressed. Alex and I worked on repairing it for over 3 hours. I am not a handyman. There was a discussion about whether we should drill new holes or not. I voted for no new holes. I chose that route not because I wanted to finish sooner, but because the way I thought the hanging thingies (that's a techie term) work, I didn't think we would need a new hole. I thought using the existing hole would work fine. After all, this rack was on the wall for over a decade without an issue.

Sure enough, last night, as Megan was putting clothes back on the rack, it came out of the wall again. I went up to fix it, alone, as Alex was entertaining Melanie, Austin, and Megan (Austin's girlfriend). I started to drill new holes when I realized I was in over my head. Citing the TV game show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" where contestants can "phone a friend" if they don't know the answer to a question, I phoned my friend Dave Downes. After assuring me that he wasn't busy, he came over around 7:15 and we worked together to repair the shelf. came over last night to help me out of a jam. It was 9:00 when we finished. We retired to the kitchen table and the 3 (Karen, Dave, and I) of us sat there and tried to solve the problems of the world.

Of course, politics came up and Donald Trump was discussed. Karen likes his point-blank attitude about things, especially when it comes to his opinion about illegal immigrants. Generically, she revealed that an illegal immigrant in the United States is eligible for Medicare after being in the country for 5 years. What amount of money was contributed by them? ZERO! American taxpayers pay for that.

I mentioned how I had read an article about how the Electoral College is likely to shake down - this is the article from March 2016 - and it's predicted to be a landslide victory for HRC if history is accepted as a predicting agent of the future (I know it doesn't have to be). If that prediction is true, and HRC becomes our next president, it simply means another 8 years (really, you don't think she'd run for re-election?) of President Obama's policies.

Sigh.

I'm not saying Donald Trump would be a great president or even a better president than HRC. I still say that a Marco Rubio / Carly F. ticket would have been a ticket I could have TOTALLY supported. Unfortunately, they are not running for the Republican nomination. I just saw on my email that Donald Trump now has 1237, which is the magic number of delegates he needed for the Republican nomination. It's all over but the wailing and gnashing of teeth. The #NeverTrump movement will continue to press Republicans to not vote for Trump. I'll be curious to see how this American political story is written between now and Election Day 2016. There's a new development - Donald Trump challenged Bernie Sanders to a debate - and now, Bernie Sanders has agreed to debate Donald Trump, per this article. It's getting cra-cra around here....

No comments: