Monday, May 23, 2016

Satisfied with a Glass Ceiling

Chris Adler continues to impress me when I read what he thinks about heavy metal. This interview is a prime example. He realizes that Lamb of God is not going to get on Rock 108 or other mainstream rock stations and he's okay with remaining where the band is, though I'm not quite sure I agree with his assessment. There was a time when Rock 108 would never EVER play
  • a Motorhead tune and yet, I heard "Ace of Spades" the other day
  • a Metallica tune from their first 3 releases and yet, I hear "Seek & Destroy," "Creeping Death," and "(Welcome Home) Sanitarium" on a fairly regular basis
It's certainly possible that there will be a day when bands like Lamb of God are deemed acceptable, just as early Metallica tunes have been deemed acceptable. I can't wait to hear "Redneck" on Rock 108.



No comments: