Friday, May 20, 2016

Thrown a Bone

I made contact with http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/ and talked to Marc. When my hard drive is delivered from Gillware Data Recovery on Monday, 5/23, I am going to put it in the mail and send it to Drive Savers in Novato, CA. Marc said that he was going to take Gillware's assessment with a grain of salt. Maybe there is hope for the data to be recovered. I'm not ruling out the prospect of re-converting my 4000+ CDs as a possible task in my future. At bare minimum, my 36 spindles, each with at least 100 CDs (some are overstacked) puts me at 3600 CDs. I then have CDs in my other CD shelves and CDs within a couple of other cases. I have a tab in an Excel file where I will track the progress of the re-re-re-conversion (if it comes to that). I will also create a new label for that effort on this blog.

No comments: