Saturday, May 14, 2016

Let me Poop with my Own

When I read articles about transgender people, I am discombobulated and feel distressed. First, I feel like a lot of people are going to take advantage of the freedom I enjoy in the United States and screw it up. An idiot who chokes a 8 year old girl is inexcusable - http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/05/13/8-year-old-girl-latest-victim-inclusive-bathroom-madness/ - and making it okay for me, a man, to use the women's bathroom is just crazy, but it was done in North Carolina, as described in this article.

At the exact moment when I feel repulsed by these actions, I then get a counter argument that I find compelling. It is clear to me that I have compassionate tendencies. When I read http://patch.com/iowa/iowacity/s/fqr83/for-transgender-people-lots-more-to-deal-with-than-bathroom-access?utm_source=newsletter-daily&utm_medium=email&utm_term=politics%20%26%20government&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_content=article-national article and got a better feel for the daily stress of living in a transgender mind, I am sickened. Someone was told to go 1.5 miles away from where they are every time to pee or poop.

That's nuts, right?

No comments: