Tuesday, May 31, 2016

S Squad Fever

I read a lot of comics when I was growing up. I have often disclosed to anyone that will listen that because I spent a lot of time reading comic books, I liked to read. I only had a single subscription to a comic book series. My godmother gave me a subscription to "Thor" - and the funny thing is that when she gave it to me, it came with a Spider-Man comic book, which, at the time, I would have liked more. As it turned out, the way that the characters in "Thor" spoke to each other was intriguing. Remember, this is before I was even 12 years old and I would sit and read what I can best describe as Shakespearean-esque prose. These characters didn't say, "We must go fight Loki!" Instead they would say, "Doth thou have the drive to attack the good foe Loki!" Or something like that. My comic books are all long gone, but it's fun to think about.

I bring all of this up because apparently the upcoming "Suicide Squad" movie that is being released in August 2016 is the most-anticipated movie being discussed on Twitter. I can't say I ever read a single issue of "Suicide Squad" in all the years I read comic books. The title just never really interested me. I'm all about the new movie, though, and anxiously await its release!

No comments: