Friday, May 27, 2016

Just Spare Change

On the Omaha Craigslist site, these drums are for sale. The reason I would even look at them include the following:
  1. My Ludwig Vistalite set has a 24" bass drum so if I were ever wanting to play a double bass drum set, this would be a great addition.
  2. The snare drum is a see-through shell.
  3. I like that there are two mounted toms. My existing set has a single 13" mounted tom. Because I watched the Mike Mangini (Dream Theater) video below. In the video, he talks about the different reasons he uses so many drums. Based upon the theories he talks about, it would be interesting to do a tom run going from 13", to 14", to 13" and then down to my existing 2 16" floor toms, plus adding the 16" floor tom that would come with this set.
All that said, no, I don't have $1200 in spare change in my change jar on my dresser.

13" 14" 16" 24" kick and 14x6.5 snare



Here's the Mike Mangini video. It's a long one - 24 minutes - but I found it very interesting.


The only reason I thought about Mike Mangini is because I had come across this video of Dream Theater playing a cover of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" that was recorded with the band members sitting in front of Mangini's drum set. That reminded me of seeing his drum clinic in Davenport, which reminded me of how awesome of a drummer he is.



No comments: