Friday, March 31, 2017

62 is Young for Mr. Young

I heard on Rock 108 a little bit ago that Angus Young, guitarist for AC/DC, is 62 today, 3/31/2017.

I saw AC/DC in concert in November 1990. Fred, my former co-worker, bought tickets for him & I to see them at the US Cellular Center (then called the Five Seasons Center) in downtown Cedar Rapids for my birthday. I remember Love/Hate opened the show because only bands with a / were allowed on the tour - I don't know if that is actually true or just a quip I read somewhere. I remember that Chris Slade was drumming for AC/DC and that he had a shiny bald head. As for Love/Hate, this is the only song I remember knowing at the concert:


And as for Mr. Young, here are

Top 10 Angus Young Guitar Solos, per ultimateclassicrock.com. Enjoy!










No comments: