Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Why People Change Jobs

I saw this online and it made me pause and reflect.


In my career, I don't believe I'm in the 75%. Every job that I've left voluntarily was because the destination job was supposed to be a step forward in career advancement. Except for the hellhole in Kalona that doesn't get mentioned by name, that has been true. I've worked for several different managers, each with their flaws and perfections. I don't believe in the "perfect manager" because only God is perfect. I could easily list traits of each manager I've worked for that I would want to have as a manager if I were a manager. That said, I have zero desire to be a manager as I think I would not like being a level 'over' the actual technical writing that needs to be done on a daily basis.

No comments: