Friday, March 31, 2017

Am I in a Dying Career

I heard on Rock 108 this morning that UNI men's basketball coach Ben Jacobson has agreed to a 2 year-extension. He will now be the UNI men's basketball coach until 2027 - the next decade! When I heard that and after I read this article - Software technical writing is a dying career (but here’s what writers can do to stay in the software game) - it made me think about what I will be doing in a decade. I sincerely hope and pray that I am still a technical writer. If it holds true and I work as a technical writer on 2/10/2027, my career will have spanned 32 years as 2/10/1995, the day I was hired at Network Data Processing (NDP) in Cedar Rapids will always be used as my 'beginning date' of this journey I'm on right now. I will be 20887 days (57 years, 2 months, 6 days) old. Megan will be 30; Alex will be 28.

Live long and prosper!

No comments: