Thursday, May 25, 2017

Alex's Favorite Band Dives Deep

From a press release I received via email:

(May 25, 2017)- Today, Beartooth is pleased and proud to share the official video for their single ‘Sick Of Me.’ Directed by Marc Klasfeld (Twenty One Pilots, Fun., Katy Perry), the documentary style video for ‘Sick Of Me’ follows the stories of four individuals struggling with depression and how each has channeled their energy into something positive to overcome it. “It’s rare that I am able to create a music video that allows other people to get their story across with such a positive message,” notes Klasfeld. “I really hope it can help anyone afflicted with depression in some way.” Watch the powerful video here.

Frontman Caleb Shomo comments on his own battle with the disease, “Depression and anxiety isn’t something you just get away from. It’s just inside you. For me it’s just always in my brain churning. It’s about fighting it and overcoming it, you can’t run away from it. You have to deal with it. This song is a big way to help. At least for me, music has been implanted in my body and what I’ve connected with. When I go on stage everything goes away. If you can choose that you will not let depression and anxiety run your life, you’re going to make it. It’s your body and your life and your choice.”



Powerful message.
Then this video came up:



And THEN.... I saw Metallica playing "Hang Up the Phone"



No comments: