Chicago, IL, USA
Troy, MI, USA
New York, NY, USA
You will be developing website and providing maintenance services for our clients (venues and promoters). You’ll work with our clients to define their website requirements and then off you go to develop and maintain those sites. You’ll receive client requests on events and changes to update on their sites.
What the job is:
- Building client websites using Wordpress
- Providing on-going support and maintenance on the client site
- Making updates and changes as needed
What we look for in our Engineers
- Ownership. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct.
- Passion. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage. You are excited to work in a modern tech stack, and you have demonstrable experience with diverse pool of technologies.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team—that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Ability to make an impact. You will work on a site that is being seen by 95+ million fans number of fans. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Interest in continuous Learning. Exposure to latest & great technologies; onsite tech talks and trainings; attending tech conferences.
- Collaboration. Partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal
- Write great code. You care about writing good code, design, performance and an outstanding user experience.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
- 3+ years of relevant website development experience with Wordpress
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent working experience
- Expert with Wordpress CMS
- Proficient in PHP 5 and object-oriented design
- Familiar with databases and SQL syntax, such as MySQL
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX design and best practices
- Basic knowledge of GNU/Linux and a web server (Apache or Nginx)
- Ability to interact with clients directly
Also, did you notice the inconsistency at the end of the "What we look for in our Engineers" heading?