Thursday, November 9, 2017

Buzzwords to Avoid: Especially at Work

Buzzwords to Avoid: Especially at Work

Dr. Travis Bradberry, coauthor of Emotional Intelligence, has created a fun list of buzzwords that I’m betting we’re all guilty of overusing.

According to Bradberry, “euphemisms surfaced in the workplace to help people deal with touchy subjects that were difficult to talk about. Before long, they morphed into corporate buzzwords that expanded and took over our vocabulary until our everyday conversations started sounding like they’re taking place on another planet.”

Do you recognize yourself in this sample from Bradberry?

“Listen Ray, I don’t have the bandwidth for it with everything that’s on my plate, but ping me anyway because at the end of the day it’s on my radar and I don’t want to be thrown under the bus because I didn’t circle back around on this no-brainer.”

Sounds like you, right? You might want to check out these other phrases that you’re likely overusing.

No comments: