Monday, November 20, 2017

Taking Inventory

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the information below about my drives. I feel like I need a plan for how to get all of my files organized. With the purchase of the 4 TB EHD (drive G), I think I now have plenty of total space. I don't think I will need to purchase another EHD until at least May 20, 2018, which is 6 months from today. I also hope that by that date, I have consolidated all of the following drive information into an organized system for backing up my files.


I would also love to remove drive A - the 3.5" floppy drive - from the Windows 10 tower. It makes a lot of noise when I am doing work unrelated to it. I suppose a case could be made for hoarding when I think about that drive. I went quite a few years without having any computer with a 3.5" floppy drive and, during those years, I purged my collection of 3.5" floppy drives. I didn't see the point in keeping them when I had no way to access the data on them. Now, they are in the landfill or someplace other than the den.

No comments: