Saturday, December 2, 2017

Simple Resolution

Over the last few days, when I've been in the den to rip CDs, I haven't been able to rip CDs with the Windows 10 PC. No matter what folder permissions were changed, file permissions were changed, or how many times I rebooted, nothing worked. I was ready to look into tearing apart two PCs that are dormant and residing under the desk and pirating a CD drive from them and hooking it to the Windows 10 PC with a USB to SATA cable to see if I could rip CDs that way when I found this site: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/windows-10-media-player-not-ripping-music-cds-to/950947ad-efc0-41c9-b975-7acf50c39b40

Sure enough, when I looked at the Options, I saw that the Allow audio files to convert in the background check box was cleared. I selected the the Allow audio files to convert in the background check box and inserted a CD into the CD drive.

After days of not being able to convert a CD with the external CD drive hooked to the Toshiba laptop AND also convert a CD with the Windows 10 PC, I now have both CD drives humming away! Of course, it's now 10:32 AM and I've been in the den, ripping CDs to MP3 with only the external CD drive hooked to the Toshiba laptop converting the CDs. I have made a lot of progress today - I'm not disappointed with my accomplishment - but imagining how much further I'd be if I had been able to rip 2 CDs at the same time for the last 3.5 hours makes me wish I had figured this out... 3.5 hours earlier!


No comments: