Friday, September 20, 2013

Challenge Accepted!

Caused a minor stir with my post on Facebook after reading this article about a guy who had 9000 CDs. I need to carefully consider which of my CDs would even be eligible to sell. I'm thinking that the majority of my CDs are 1) promos from record companies so, technically, not mine, and 2) CD-Rs, which have no value. The rest are what I would consider "regular purchases" at a store or garage sale or given to me (thinking of one time Brian Gravel bought a CD, hated it, and gave it to me, but I can't recall which one off the top of my head).

I did go to http://www.musicmagpie.com/ and scanned the Gilmore Girls season 3 DVD box we have. It's worth $3.07 so, I'm guessing, it would take a lot more to make it worth my while. Still, if I had 10 videos worth $3.07, that's (come on, do the math in your head, not with a calculator) $30.07 more in my pocket. And if I had 100 CDs/videos, that would be (come on, it's a multiple of 10) $300.07. And I'm pretty sure I have at least 100 CDs/videos I can get rid of in exchange for $ in my pocket. Hmmm. I may have to find some time on Sunday to sort through this.

It won't be on Saturday, though, as Alex and I are going to the Iowa / Western MI football game at Kinnick. Margaret Rainey gave us their tickets so the plan is to leave our house @ 7:30, hop on the Hawkeye Express train, go to the rec building to wait for the drumline to walk over to Kinnick. Our seats are in Section 3 and that's near where the drumline plays so maybe we won't return to the rec building after their warmup since we'll be right at the entrance to the stadium that we need to be at. Go Hawks!

2 comments:

Juliana said...

You said:
"It's worth $3.07 so, I'm guessing, it would take a lot more to make it worth my while. Still, if I had 10 videos worth $3.07, that's (come on, do the math in your head, not with a calculator) $30.07 more in my pocket. And if I had 100 CDs/videos, that would be (come on, it's a multiple of 10) $300.07."

So apparently you CAN'T do the math in your head:
$3.07 x 10 = $30.70
$3.07 x 100 = $307.00

From your non-math, English teaching friend, who still loves to read what you write. ;-)

prhmusic said...

Math sucks.