Friday, September 13, 2013

Good Times / Bad Times / Mediocre Times

The Led Zeppelin song "Good Times, Bad Times" comes to mind when I think about what happened last night.
  • Good times
    • I sat on the couch in the basement and converted 8 CDs to the external hard drive. These 8 CDs, with a total of 159 songs, are, essentially, miscellaneous MP3s I put together onto CDs, grouped by band. Here are the bands on the 8 CDs: 
      1. Cynic / Tom Petty / Others (wow, way to be descriptive!)
      2. Andrew Dice Clay / Cars / Earache (I think this is "Earache my Eye" from Cheech & Chong), "Do Not Know" / Dream Theater 
      3. Bill Cosby /Mötley Crüe
      4. Slayer / Tesla / Kids
      5. Riot / Offspring / Rob Zombie / Slayer / Stone Temple Pilots
      6. Kingdom Come / Lifehouse / Lita Ford / Megadeth / Ozzy
      7. Vinnie Moore / Nothingface (this will be interesting since Vinnie Moore's songs are all instrumentals and I do not know a single title of a Nothingface song)
      8. Mötley Crüe / Scoprions
    • I worked on this while watching TNA and then, when that was over, the classic movie "Demolition Man" with Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes. It is one of those movies I can watch over and over again. I need to add it to the list of rated R movies to watch with Megan, but I also think a lot of the references to 80s pop culture will get lost. I find it really funny to see a "Lethal Weapon 3" movie poster in Sandra Bullock's office, but unless you've seen the movie, it doesn't mean anything.
    • When I run the DOS batch file, it says: 61159 File(s) 498,951,147,073 bytes
  • Bad times
    • Laura has given Alex and I haircuts for a couple of years. When we went in last night, she told me she is taking a break because her mother has ovarian cancer and she needs to be able to help her. It doesn't sound like a fun situation and I began to pray for her.
    • Mark, my bro-in-law, is trying to iron out what to do with a major decision that will have long-into-the-future repercussions. I hope whatever he decides to do will allow him to pick up his guitar. I also told him to focus on getting a lead guitarist in Cedar Falls so we can play at Sturgis Falls next year and kick ass.
  • Mediocre times
    • I haven't played drums since rehearsal a week ago. I am anticipating I will do so this weekend at 11 AM Mass as we are done with camping and going to settle into a more routine attendance pattern at STM.
    • For several years, Keith played bass in our church group on Saturday nights at 5:15 PM. He is recently divorced and called me up last week to announce he is getting remarried on Friday, November 1st, in a Lutheran church at 6 PM. He also asked if I would be able to play drums for the service. My issue to resolve is tat Friday is a Holy Day and I need to find a way to get both the kids and I to Mass.

No comments: