Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lou's Classic Ride Rides Again!

LCR is rehearsing tonight at 7:35 - 10-ish. This could be a bit scary as I have only played drums for about 10 minutes (and that's being very generous) since the gig on 8/24. Last night, while trying to make the PCs I bought at the Elkader Public Library work, I took a break and played the Yamaha electronic set just to make sure I could still play.

Thankfully, I can.

I didn't go through the songs we played on 8/24 - we don't really have a list of new songs to be ready to play tonight. I would like to add these to our setlist:
  1. I've Done Every Thing For You
  2. Blister in the Sun
  3. Rock and Roll All Night
  4. Enter Sandman
  5. Love Stinks
I think those are fairly easy songs we could pull together rather quickly. We are notorious for email threads about songs we could add. Some get traction, like "Switching to Glide", which we played in Kalona, while others do not, like Otherwise's "I Don't Apologize" or my beloved Bayside's "They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns" - we've tried out neither of them.

We don't have a 'next gig' scheduled. I expect we'll start a discussion about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss Enter Sandman! That was one of my favorites only because of Old Stew.