Monday, September 30, 2013

Put to Sleep

Two things got put to sleep over the weekend. First, I am very happy today because the camper has been pulled from Ketelsen's to Zhwingle. There were no flat tires or other issues related to the physical pulling of the camper. Because we pull the camper very few times, it is often an intimidating task to approach. For example, we hooked the camper to the truck less than a dozen times - closer to 6 - and two of those would be when we pulled from our spot to behind the office and then back from behind the office to the spot we were in for our two months in Elkader.Whatever the number of times we hooked up, the camper is now safely stored indoors in Zhwingle and we will not see it for 7 months.

After we dropped off the camper, we went to my sister-in-law's house for lunch. I spent part of my time with my nephew and the rest of the time with Alex as we attempted to find Uncle Ike's in Dubuque. Unfortunately, the Garmin has the old address of Uncle Ike's and we did not make it to the store prior to 4:15 Mass at Holy Ghost. That turned out okay because I didn't really need anything at the store anyways.

The rest of the weekend was spent in Balltown. I couldn't get a good Euchre hand and if I had 4 hearts and a Ace of clubs, Louie made it Spades. We went to Breitbach's for breakfast on Sunday.

When we got home, Alex had confirmation class from 4:15 - 5:30, though he got let out late. After I dropped him off, I mowed 95% of the yard and, upon returning home, I mowed the last 5%. We got pizza from Pizza Hut for supper.

The other thing that got put to sleep was the series "Breaking Bad" that I think ended on a very good note. I liked how the story of Walter White got tied up nicely. Walter White transformed completely from mild mannered scientist to criminal mastermind. He had the opportunity to take out Jesse and he didn't. Where is Jesse now? I have no idea.

Almost immediately after Breaking Bad ended, I went to bed. I was exhausted. My head hit pillow and I was out.


No comments: