Monday, January 6, 2014

Faith

I just read this article about faith and it resonates within me. I especially like when Erick writes:

Christ compels us to be faithful witnesses. All of us fall short of the glory of God and yet we are called to glorify him. We all like sheep have gone astray and yet the Shepherd makes straight our paths. Insert your favorite cliche about sin and sinners here. But still, even at the risk of being viewed a hypocrite, we must engage the fallen world and try our very best to leave it better than we found it. Even though we’re just traveling through.
So what do we do?
We all have talents and skills. We must use them.


I hadn't read the article prior to Saturday night, but it's funny how things happen. After a 2 month stretch of not playing drums at Mass, I sat behind the awesome Yamaha electronic set at 5:15 Mass on Saturday night. Except for a rough beginning to the "Holy Holy" which is about midway through Mass, it was as if I hadn't taken a break. It is my method for using my talent and skill to be a faithful witness and I fully intend to play at Mass in the future.

No comments: