Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pleading for a Change

Megan and I didn't end up going to Best Buy to purchase "Through the Never" because I drove home I-380 instead of through Coralville, like I had intended.

In the sense that I got to spend time with Megan, the game was fun. We had hot dogs and Cokes for supper in the first half and an ice cream cone in the second half. I enjoy spending time with Megan. She really reminds me of myself when I was younger. She is trying to stretch her wings and fly and not always sure it is the right thing or the thing she can succeed at doing. I know she is starting to think about college and I am too. She is a junior in high school and that means, frankly, the sands in the hourglass are falling quickly. If her final day of high school would be June 1, 2015, she has 488 days as a high school student. She turns 19 in 562 days and then, shortly thereafter, she will be a college student at UNI, if plans do not change between now and then. I really need to take into account that she is turning into an adult before my eyes. She is at the point where she struggles with setting aside things that were important to her as a child in order to become a mature citizen of the world. I need to continue to pray for her. The next 562 days are going to go by very quickly.

I have more time with Alex - 1219 days until June 1, 2017, but I have no doubt that time will go by quickly as well. He called us last night after the game to ask about getting black ink put into the printer in the den so he could print an assignment. Despite some attitude, he was able to put in the new cartridge. He figured out how to print his brochure on both sides of the paper by manually inserting the sheet of paper into the printer the second time. I was impressed.

No comments: