Monday, May 1, 2017

Under The Radar

One thing that flew under my radar was that there was a WWE PPV last night (4/30/17). Here are the results:
WWE Payback 2017 Results: Winners, Grades, Reaction and Highlights, which points out one of the many takeaways is that Braun Strowman defeated Roman Reigns. As the article points out, it could be setting up a match between Brock Lesnar & Braun Strowman in the future. Personally, I don't like that matchup. I don't really care about Strowman - yes, he's a 'big & powerful destructive force' but that doesn't mean I relate to his character (I do not) - or Lesnar, who only has Paul Heyman speaking as Lesnar's "advocate." Don't get me wrong, Heyman's promos are top notch but, unless Lesnar cannot speak, I don't feel like I'm engaged with his character. At least with Roman Reigns, who I consider to be cut from the same cookie cutter as Strowman and Lesnar, he will speak. I'm curious how the fallout from last night's PPV plays out on tonight's episode of Raw.

One thing I noticed, which no one has been writing about a lot, is that Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins (former teammates in the Shield) are now all on Monday Night Raw's show. There used to be talk about a Shield reunion. Now would be an opportune time to see that, in my opinion.

No comments: